02 April 2011

more in-class digitals

Unfortunately I missed quite a bit of class time on this pose. I knew I probably wouldn't be able to finish a full figure in the time I had, so I tried a portrait instead. I used a really textured brush, which was as liberating as it was frustrating.

After the week I spent in New York coming back to drawing was a beast. I tried a few different things with the new pose, abandoning each painting rather quickly. I just kept wishing that I could get a better likeness...

So I tried starting with a more detailed drawing. It's pretty cool how much you can make digital look like charcoal... without really meaning to, even.

The next class period I painted over my drawing. I think it turned out pretty cool... mostly I'm just much more pleased with the likeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment