15 February 2011

circus, sin, president

I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I'd put up pieces from the semester so far. Unfortunately I haven't scanned the acrylic pieces from my class with Richard Hull yet... so it will be a little while before that actually happens. My first out of class assignment for Bob Barrett's class was digital, as I believe all my pieces for his class will be, so I figured I could at least put that up.
As is typical of me, I procrastinated, and therefore didn't put as much time into it as I would have liked. The texture layers (the hay and the wood of the barrel) will eventually be painted instead, and a couple of drawing errors will be fixed to improve readability. The printout I took to the critique was extremely saturated and kind of blown out in areas (that's what happens when you go cheap on the printing... hah). It actually looked pretty cool, though, and people only had good things to say about the color in the critique.

No comments:

Post a Comment