29 November 2010

acrylics... a new obsession

After the fiasco that was oil painting I was delighted to find that I very much enjoy working with acrylics. Particularly heavy body, and especially with palette knives. I love the textured effect I get when I work only with straight paint (applied with palette knives) and washes. My teacher, Richard Hull, was very encouraging. So much so that my BFA show, which goes up in April, will feature this style of painting.

first attempt at acrylics (applauded for its "naïve" feel... oops?)

second attempt

another attempt... this time with a taser

Linka piece I did this semester (revisiting the technique after six months of neglect)

They look even more awesome in person. I have others that I'll probably put up once they've been scanned.

No comments:

Post a Comment